Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few thoughts, kickstarter progress and shout outs, waiting on the rain


Since my last day of work on Friday, Jay and I have been systematically checking off items on our long to-do list. We think we are close to being prepared for the day when Mark's Carts and Debajo del Sol opens. Everything is going well, with the exception of the rain. Still, it is giving me time to regroup after leaving the newspaper job I've had for the last 12 years. It was a bittersweet ending. My coworkers at the Tecumseh Herald are family. I'll miss them. I'll miss the people in the communities that I covered. I won't necessarily miss going to village council meetings and school board meetings on Monday nights, but I will miss the feature writing.
As much as I will miss my family there, it was time for a change. I want to work closer to home. I want to do something else besides write all day and then come home and write some more. Cooking with my husband is that thing. We are incredibly excited to have this opportunity. We already have made our first paella in the cart, trying to get a feel for how it will go.
We are still running our Kickstarter campaign. We are 21 percent of the way toward meeting our goal with only 18 days left in the campaign. A few thank yous are in order for those who have backed us already.

Since my last shout out the following people have backed our project:
Ashley
Mary Scott (Mom)
Chris Lord
Don Hewlett
Nancy Ross-Flanigan (Ycnan!)
Alicia Densel
Tamsyn Sweetman
Brian Steinberg
Jeffrey Holden
and John Elway (We think this may really be someone who knows that Jay holds a deep-seeded grudge against the former Denver Bronco for his hand in beating Jay's beloved Cleveland Browns in the 1987 AFC Championship game. Then again, maybe it really is Elway.)


We'll see you soon--at the cart!

1 comment: